What is Books Alive???
Books Alive is an early literacy program (for preschoolers age 2-5) that brings books to life through highly interactive storytelling, character dress up, puppets, flannel board stories, props, music & movement, science activities and much more! Books Alive classes are conducted in the classroom setting and last approximately 30 minutes.
What are the Benefits Books Alive?
What is the Cost the Books Alive???
- enhances curriculum & demonstrates your program's commitment to early literacy
- incorporates the six basic early literacy skills (vocabulary, print motivation, print awareness, narractive skills, letter knowledge & phonological awareness) into sessions as age appropriate
- incorporates math skills, science concepts and social skills into sessions as age appropriate
- educates preschoolers through fun, interactive techiniques adapted to match their age level and attention span
- creates excitement about reading and learning new things
- gives teachers new ideas to incorporate into their classrooms
- provides informative handouts, activity pages and/or other "literacy goodies" for teachers related to the topics presented
- provides each child with a sticker, handout and/or activity page to let parents know they participated
ONLY $2.00 per child
How Do I schedule the Books Alive Program to come to my school???
Because of the highly interactive nature and age appropriate content of each Books Alive program, classes are usually conducted in each individual classroom. Typically, I visit each preschool classroom (2 yrs through 5 yrs). This usually takes approximately 3 hours (9:30-12:30) depending on the starting time you choose and number of classrooms participating.